I was nominated for this award by Tiffani over at The Book Venom, so be sure to head over and check out her blog. It’s great! 🙂
1. Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions the nomination has provided.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers
4. Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
1. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
Most of my nicknames come from my fiance, so they’re basically pet names. The one that’s stuck the most is “Princess”, and that’s probably because I’m a royal pain in the bum. 🙂 Other than that, my cousin will jokingly call me Marcy (due to everyone always messing up my first name), if that counts?
2. What is your favorite fairy tale?
Cinderella stories are usually some of my favorites, but I also like Beauty and the Beast. I’m a sucker for both the original (and oftentimes very morbid..) stories and also the various retellings.
3. Name three books you would like to pass along to your grandchildren!
1. Harry Potter (the series)
2. A Series of Unfortunate Events
3. When they’re older, JLA books. 😉
4. What word do you love the sound of?
I’m going to have to give yet another nonspecific answer for this question. I’m obsessed with foreign languages and dialects as a whole. Whenever someone has an accent that isn’t American, or speaks another language, I’m mesmerized. It’s like music to my ears.
5. If you could be immortal, would you choose to be?
Hmmm.. It depends if I could have the weird, unexplained, endless amounts of money rolling in like most immortals do in YA books. If so, probably. There’s so much to do and to see in the world, and I don’t think one lifetime is enough to really enjoy everything.
6. If you could have any question answered, what would it be?
“What am I supposed to do with my life?”
What can I say? I’m very firmly rooted in the “what the hell am I supposed to do with myself now?” stage of life.
7. Name five things you’ve never done but would like to do!
1. Travel overseas
2. Take a few writing workshops
3. Write a book
4. Start a Youtube channel
5. Go to Mardi Gras, because ya know… Party.
8. If you were going to write a book, what would the title be and what would it be about?
Oh lord, I don’t have a creative bone in my body. I’ve never been able to think of any original story ideas. I started a YA dystopian piece for a creative writing class last semester, but I never finished it. It was more or less this weird Selection/Red Queen/Kiss of Deception hybrid. I don’t think I ever gave it a title, as I usually wait until I’m finished with a story before I try and come up with a title.
9. Do you prefer living in the city or countryside? Why?
If you would have asked me this even a year ago, I wouldn’t have hesitated before I said “countryside”. Lately I’ve been craving the lights of the city more and more though, so I suppose that my answer is “I’m not sure”.
10. One piece of advice you would give to your younger self is . . .
Circumstances change, but people very rarely do. Also, and I stress, YOU WILL NEVER SEE THESE PEOPLE AGAIN AFTER HIGH SCHOOL. Stop worrying about what they think. Getting treated like dirt may suck now, but I promise that it will end.
I nominate (not ten, but some)..
Kim @ By Hook or By Book
Danielle @ fifteenthousandpages
Maddie & Bee @ Heart Full of Books
- When did you start blogging? Why?
- What’s your favorite part of blogging?
- Who are some authors that you would love to meet?
- Do you own any signed books?
- What’s the coolest piece of bookish “swag” you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favorite place that you’ve ever traveled?
- If you had to pick a world from a YA dystopian novel/series to live in, which would it be?
- Do you prefer original fairytales or retellings?
- How many books do you own?
- What’s your most anticipated release of 2015?