I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS POST. I LOVE THESE THINGS.
I was tagged by Find Me At The Library, so thank you so much for giving me a chance to ramble! The picture that I used is from Becca and Books, where she also did the tag. I’m a sucker for questionnaires.. I’ll be tagging a few people at the end of this post, so keep an eye out for that! Alright, time to get started.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
YESSSS. Oh my Lord. I can barely scroll through Twitter/Facebook without getting nauseous, especially when I’m riding in my mom’s car. It’s really low to the ground, and I’ve become accustomed to my fiance’s massive truck.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Tahereh Mafi’s writing comes to mind. It’s so beautiful, and lyrical. I like how her books are written almost in a stream of consciousness. I feel like it gives the reader a stronger connection to the character’s thoughts.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Alright. I’m going to approach this question a little differently than usual. I enjoy both, so I’ll just give three reasons why I like each.
- The magic. Nothing beats the wizarding world.
- The adventure. Harry and his friends go on all kinds of crazy adventures, and it’s fun to read about.
- The friendship. I really appreciate the friendship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
- The romance. Yep. It’s cliche. I don’t care. I’m a sucker for it.
- Vampires/Werewolves. I’m a sucker for supernatural creatures.
- Charlie Swan. Because mustache.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
No, I don’t even carry a purse. I barely remember to wear shoes places. I can’t imagine being responsible for a bag.
5. Do you smell your books?
Not usually. Only if they look really old.
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
I think that if it adds to the story, they’re enjoyable.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I’ve never really had this happen. I’ve had instances where I read a book in high school that I remember liking, but when I picked the book up again now, I disliked it. I honestly can’t think of any titles right now.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I don’t know that this is funny, but I have a very distinct memory of my kindergarten class all receiving books in our cubby holes from our teachers. The girl next to me got a picture book about a bear. I got an Alex Mack chapter book.
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
Probably Hamlet. It’s boxed up in my moving boxes right now, but I’m pretty sure it’s around 50 pages.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. 870 pages.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I don’t write seriously. I have some pieces I put together for a creative writing class, but I don’t see myself going into writing.
12. When did you get into reading?
Early, early childhood.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Tess of the D’Urbervilles or Pride and Prejudice.
14. In school what was your best subject? Language Arts/English?
History and English. I’m good at Algebra too.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I’d probably give it another shot. Nine times out of ten, there’s multiple reasons why I hated a book. It might be that I just read that book at a bad time before.
16. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Besides rambling? I’m not sure. I know that I’m a definite rant and raver. I can’t help it. I get excited, and then I get off topic.
17. What is your favorite word?
Pamplemousse. French for grapefruit.
18. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Um, probably a nerd?
19. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
It’s a tie. I feel like I haven’t read enough fairy books to give them a fair shot.
20. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. I like all the different takes on angel lore.
21. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. I’m a sucker for a ghost story.
22. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. I haven’t read many zombie books that I’ve enjoyed.
23. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
This is tough. I like love triangles that are done right. However, not a lot of love triangles are done right. I guess I’m going to have to go with forbidden love on this one. It’s easier to do correctly.
24. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I like a good balance. I don’t usually go for full on romance, simply because those books are usually contemporary and I don’t read much contemporary. I do like my books to have a substantial amount of romance in them though.
Alright, there it is! I tag:
Meg from Ink and Toner Book Reviews
Nori from Readwritelove28